Many years ago more and more projects needed some software design until they rarely exist without each other. I ‘drifted’ into software very early on and have developed various skills as needed to support the electronics projects. Over the last 10-15 years software and firmware has become the predominant part of my work, both for other companies and my own.
- Develop firmware for embedded micro controllers.
- C/C++, Arduino, some assembler where required and more recently micro-python.
- Microchip MPLAB and XC series C compilers.
- Atmel AVR, using the Arduino or similar environment (very rapid development).
- Highly optimised code.
- Low power.
- Embedded system PCB design, see the electronics page here.
- Desktop and Industrial systems applications.
- Simple test applications to large applications.
- Stand alone applications.
- Integrated applications, web servers, background task, real time web sockets.
- Languages, C / C++ / C# / Python / Micro-python / .net / assembler (as needed) / .netcore / Xojo oh, and VisualBasic.
- Databases, MySQL, SQLite, Postgres and others.
- Interfaces, Sockets, Serial etc.
(waiting for permission to use real images!)
Low power counter
- Atmel ATMega328p based.
- Low power consumption, expect over 5 years batter life.
- Sigfox connectivity.
- Written in C/C++.
- Optimised for low power.
- Uses Sigfox backend along with our own PHP server for data collection.
Code reader monitoring system
- Customer has multi-camera based system to read package codes and needed an updated monitoring system.
- Initially windows based but now built on industrial Linux system
- Connects to vision hardware via talent and ftp. Results and images are sent to the monitoring system.
- Monitoring system monitors result accuracy, alarms and issues real time alerts.
- Time based and manual flexible PDF and CSV reports generator.
- Plugin architecture to allow for end-user plugin modules to communicate with the end user’s systems.
- Micro service architecture with modules written in C/C++, C# (.NET Core). and python.
- Web based GUI using signalR for realtime updates.
- Embedded systems:
- Microchip / Atmel / Pycom / Espressif (ESP32 – 8366) / Arduino / 68k (real old school)/others
- C/C++/Assembler/Micro Python
- Low power
- C/C++/C#/.net/.NET Core/Python/VB
- ASP.NET Core